Security And Life Safety
Landlord may from time to time adopt systems and procedures for the security and safety of the Building and Property, its occupants, entry, use and contents. Tenant, its agents, employees, contractors, guests and invitees shall comply with Landlord's systems and procedures.
The following is a list of general office security suggestions, which are offered to you as an aid in establishing your internal security procedures:
- Restrict office keys to those who actually need them.
- Keep complete, up-to-date records of the distribution of all office keys.
- Establish uniform procedures for collecting keys prior to the termination of employees.
- Establish a rule that keys must never be left unguarded on desks or cabinets.
- Require that filing cabinet keys be removed from locks and placed in a secure location after opening cabinets.
- Prevent unauthorized personnel from reporting a lost key and receiving a replacement.
- Ensure that a responsible person is in charge of issuing all keys.
- Store keys systematically in a secured wall cabinet of either your own design or one that conforms to a commercial key control system.
- Insist on identification from repairmen who come to work in your office.
- Clear all desks of important papers.
- When working alone in the office at night, lock the front door to prevent anyone else from entering.
- Keep the police, fire department, and building security telephone numbers posted.
- Double check to see that all doors are securely locked before you leave.
We invite you to learn how to implement your own emergency preparedness plans by using the resources from our PREP website.
LIFE SAFETY & SECURITY
Become familiar with the life safety information specific to your building and location. Sign in to Building Safety Solutions to view the multimedia presentation that will help you in a crisis event.